Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Matt Cutts: Google Penalizes Seven Link Networks In Japan
Google's Matt Cutts announced on Twitter at 2:30am this morning that over the past few months, Google has taken action on seven link networks in Japan...
- Google's Matt Cutts: You've Got A Mild Case Of Penguin
The Google Penguin algorithm has been taunting SEOs for a long time now, but did you know there are different degrees of Penguin? It is not that you are hit by the Penguin algorithm or not. You can be hit harder or softer depending on your links...
- Google Business Schema Adds Phone Numbers, Hours & Menus
Google announced this morning that they now have added additional schema support for business information. Specifically, they now support customer support related phone numbers, hours of operation and restaurant menus...
- Google Places Updates Bulk Location Management Dashboard
Just a couple weeks ago, Google updated the bulk import tool for managing your Google Places local listings. Yesterday...
- Google Analytics & AdWords Make It Easier To Link Accounts
Google announced they have streamlined the process to link your Google AdWords account to your Google Analytics account. The new mechanism is launching in the upcoming weeks and will give you the ability to link multiple AdWords accounts all at once...
- Bing Light Bulb Sign
Did you ever see this Bing sign/logo that is incredibly retro looking? Brian Ussery snapped a picture of it last week, I believe while at the ClickZ conference. It must have been from one of the Bing
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Upgrade to Search Network With Display Select for Better…, Google Ads - Google+
- April 2014 AdSense Earnings and Observations, WebmasterWorld
- Google Webmaster Tools Geotargeting and Pages Outside Folders, WebmasterWorld
- In the last year we've seen our Explorers use Glass in…, Google Glass - Google+