Just a couple weeks ago, Google updated the bulk import tool for managing your Google Places local listings.
Yesterday, Jade Wang from Google announced in the Google Business Help forums that there is another update coming to the location management dashboard. The update includes status of your updates, a conflicts interface and an edit timeframe screen.
Here is a screen shot of the new interface:
The update includes:
- Status of your locations on Maps: Now, Google will show you a column that describes the status of each location on Maps. You will be able to tell at a glance which locations are live, unverified, have errors or data conflicts, are duplicates, or are pending review.
- Updated data conflicts interface: The updated interface will show you details on how a location page might differ on Maps/Search results versus what's in your dashboard. Google will show you what is live on Google, and which field is different from what’s in your dashboard. From there, you'll be able to take action.
- Improved edit timeframe: Google is working on improving the speed with which your data goes live on Google.
Other things coming in the future include:
- Make updates and posts to your customers using the Google+ page for your location
- See Insights to help you track your business's performance on Google
- Filter to view relevant subsets of locations within your account
Forum discussion at Google Business Help.