Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SEOs Calling Out Google's Matt Cutts As A Hypocrite?
On Friday, Matt Cutts, Google's head of fighting all evil web spam, posted on Twitter an interview he gave to the usesthis.com blog. It is basically a place where a guy named Daniel interviews nerds about what hardware they use...
- Google Webmaster Tools Link Count Drops
I am seeing some reports from Webmasters that the link report in Google Webmaster Tools is reporting a much smaller fraction of links. A Google Webmaster Help has one webmaster complaining a drop from 7,000 to 4...
- Google AdWords Call Conversion Tracking By Call Length
Kim Clinkunbroomer reports getting an email from Google about a new way of reporting on call conversions based on the length of a call. Starting at the end of this month...
- Wired Hacked Over Weekend; Google Blocks Wired.com
Over the weekend, Wired.com was being blocked by Google via Chrome and the search results for malware. In short...
- Test: Bing's New Search Results Design
Bing is testing a new search results design - the design makes for a fresher and cleaner feel...
- A Superman Suit In Google's Telephone Booth
Google has these fun old fashion telephone booths throughout their various offices. We posted a picture of one a while back. But now, in at least one booth, there is a superman suit waiting to be pu
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Another Webmaster is Spamming my Site with Network Links, Google Webmaster Help
- WMT gone crazy?, WebmasterWorld