Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: April 1, 2011
Today on April Fools Day I rush through the hot topics in search this week. I cover a few Google Farmer / Panda updates...
- April Fools Day Search Pranks
Today is a fun day for many but horrid for reporters. You won't believe the number of emails and reports we get that look incredibly legit but because it is April Fools has us spending a nice chunk of time figuring out if it is real or not...
- Google Improves Similar Images: Site Command & Fresher
Google has made an update to the Google Similar Images filter to make it more comprehensive and fresher. They also enabled it to allow you to restrict the similar images to a specific site by using the site command...
- Google Mocking Those Impacted By Farmer/Panda Update?
There are many sites suffering by the Google Farmer / Panda update and you'd think Google wouldn't want to pour salt on an open wound but some are experiencing just that...
- Poll: Do The Google Doodles Impact Your Traffic?
I've never thought about this but a Webmaster in the WebmasterWorld forums felt that whenever Google put up a special logo, aka a Google Doodle...
- Ask.com Hires New Jeeves: Google's Matt Cutts
Here is a picture of the new Google's Matt Cutts as Ask.com's new Jeeves. Pictures do not lie, not even on April Fools Day.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Page Speed in Google Labs, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- 8 Reasons SEO Audits are Needed Before Sites are Built, Sphinn
- Google Online Page Speed, DigitalPoint Forums