Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Matt Cutts: Mobile Sites For "Most Part: Only Impact Mobile Search Results
At SMX West, Google's Matt Cutts said something very interesting. I tweeted it and Matt Cutts responded but that made it even more interesting...
- Dilbert On Search Keyword Research
A Dilbert cartoon from last week talks about the process of doing and delivering keyword research to your client or boss. It is kind of funny...
- Bing Search App Linking
Late last year, Google introduced a protocol named app indexing, which allows app developers to add meta data that will link a search result to a specific place within an Android app. It went live in the search results a month later...
- Google's Official Advice On Out Of Stock Products On E-Commerce Sites
A common question large sites or e-commerce sites have to ask themselves is what do I do about product pages that are either temporarily out of stock or forever out of stock. It is a question we asked a couple times. In fact, Google's John Mueller gave his two cents in 2008...
- 3D Product Images Now In Google's Shopping Knowledge Graph
Search for [nest thermostats] in Google and you will see the Google Knowledge Graph show up on the right side of the results. It is one of those sponsored or ad driven knowledge graphs but this one has the 3D image icon near it...
- Google Water Balloon Trebuchet
Did you know Google has their own trebuchet to launch water balloons across the campus at other buildings? Richard Hay from Google posted a picture of Googlers operating the trebuchet at the GooglePl
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Anyone else see a drop in SERPS on March 14, 2014?, WebmasterWorld
- Do you offer something stricter than safesearch for primary schools?, Google Web Search Help
- US Commerce Department prepares to give up oversight of ICANN, WebmasterWorld