Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Paul Haahr: We Don't Fully Understand RankBrain
At SMX West last week, Google's Paul Haahr, a top engineer involved in core ranking, had a keynote Q&A with Danny Sullivan. He said many interesting things including that Google doesn't fully quiet understand RankBrain...
- Google Pre-2005 Use To Test Swapping Position 2 & 4 For Years
Another tidbit that came out of Google Paul Haahr's SMX West talk was an experiment Google ran before he even joined the company 14 years ago. He said they ran this long term experiment from 2001 or so through 2005 where they would swap positions 2 and 4 to 0.02% of the searchers...
- Google International Women's Day 2016 Video Doodle
Today on Google's home page worldwide is a special video doodle, logo, for International Women's Day 2016. The video uses the hashtah #OneDayIWill...
- Google AdWords Automatic Scheduled Uploads
Google announced on Google+ a new automated feature to let you automatically set scheduled uploads for your AdWords ads. Google AdWords can now automatically update your business data daily, weekly...
- Google's First Part Of Query Analysis Is Entities Discovery
Again, at SMX West last week, Paul Haahr from Google said that when Google launched their knowledge graph in 2012, they decided to put entities at the forefront of their query analysis...
- Google Spotting: LOLWATT License Plate On Tesla
This is a Tesla parked at Google with a funny license plate that reads LOLWATT. Sasch Mayer spotted it last week at the GooglePlex and posted in on Google+. He wrote "Who says geeks have no sense of
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Canon is pushed below the fold for their own brand query -- https://t.co/Rx303fqn8d, Dr. Pete Meyers on Twitter
- Does google take longer to rank sites?, blackhatworld.com
- Duplicate G+ page but ranks high - what would you do?, localsearchforum.com
- FAQs - AdWords Express, The Google Advertiser Community
- Live Photos support on iOS Rolling out now, the latest Google Photos update…, Google+ - Google Photos