Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Search Update Sign? Seeing Some Early Signs
In the past 24-hours or so, I've been seeing some early signs of a possible Google update. It might be impacting a limit number of sites or it might be the start of something...
- Google: 65% Of User Generated Spam Reports Are Acted On
I covered this last night at Search Engine Land, but I am asked this often. If you submit a spam report to Google, does Google even listen to it. Well, yesterday at SMX West, Google's Juan Felipe Rincon said Google does look at those reports...
- Google Reserves News Carousel For AMP Pages Only
As you know, Google AMP went live last week and the only significant change is that the AMP lightening bolt icon went from green to gray. But yesterday at SMX West, Dave Besbris, Vice President of Engineering at Google said that the news carousel will only show pages that use AMP...
- Varvy Tools: Google Guidelines Testing Tool
Patrick Sexton created a free and useful revamp of his tools at Varvy.com. He calls it the Google Guidelines tool. Why...
- Google Working On Conversational Shopping
Yesterday at SMX West, Behshad Behzadi of Google said Google is indeed working on bringing voice search capabilities to shopping...
- A Real Google AMP
We have all this discussion around Google AMP these days, we are losing touch of reality. To help us find our way, John Mueller of Google posted a picture of a real Google AMP on Twitter. Yep, that
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Yext Adds Google to the PowerListings Network, localsearchforum.com
- Learn how to increase the viewability of your ads with the viewability…, Google+ - AdSense
- AMP not all rainbows and sunshine for publishers?, WebmasterWorld
- Using Drupal and curious about Accelerated Mobile Pages / AMP? There's now a…, Google+ - John Mueller