Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google February Update Starting? Hold On.
I am seeing a nice number of reports that signal the onset of a Google update being rolled out. There are reports in the ongoing WebmasterWorld thread and tons and tons of threads in Google Webmaster Tools from webmasters claiming their sites no longer rank in Google...
- Google Index Status Report Updated Weekly
The other day someone shared an interesting site with me on Google Webmaster Tools. It was intriguing, so I dug into it...
- Google Fixes Webmaster Tools Link Reporting Bug
A week ago we reported a massive drop in links reported within Google Webmaster Tools. After about a week or more of the bug being reported, Webmasters are just now reporting that their link count is returning back to normal.
- Webmasters Reporting Google+ Vote Count Falling
You see that Google+ icon either on the left hand side or the top right of this content...
- Google AdWords Error: Ad Groups with No Ads
It seems as if many Google advertisers using Google AdWords are receiving a weird error named "Ad Groups with No Ads." The error is at the top of the AdWords interface and it reads, "ad groups with no ads (X) View...
- SEOs Want Bad Link Reporting In Google Webmaster Tools
Yesterday, Matt Cutts of Google posted a video on YouTube named How do I know which links to remove when I get an "unnatural links" message? Matt Cutts in the video explains basically two ways to find "unnatural links."
- Google+ At The Circus
Stefan Keuchel, a PR Manager at Google Germany, posted a picture of what looks like a street circus/carnival somewhere in Germany. The neat part is not the circus, it is that there is this girl clown
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Faces Lawsuit Over "Like" Button, WebmasterWorld
- Google's Schmidt To Sell Roughly 42% Of Stake, DigitalPoint Forums
- Is There A Way To Search Without My Location Being In The Mix?, Cre8asite Forums
- Webinar tomorrow (Feb 12): Brand Building in a Mul..., AdWords Community