Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Investigating Polish Hacker Who Is Stealing Webmaster Rankings
There is a thread in the Polish Google Webmaster Help forums that I've been tracking for a while. I don't speak Polish, but I've been given help on the translation from both Google Translate and webmasters...
- Google Spammy Structured Markup Manual Actions Spike Due To WordPress Recipe Plugins
In the past month or so, there has been an uptick in the number of manual actions seen around "Spammy Structured Markup" or rich snippet manual actions. The reason might not be
- Webmasters Claiming More AppleBot Activity From Apple
As you know, Apple confirmed the existence of AppleBot, their web crawler, last year. The main purpose of it is to help index content not just in apps but also the app content that references the web (like Google App Indexing but in the iOS world)...
- Google's "May Treat" Added To Medical Knowledge Graph Queries
Dr. Pete Meyers shared on Twitter that Google may have recently added a "may treat" section to some medical queries. The example he shared was a search for [dulcolax]...
- Google's Monkeys Logo Is For The Lunar New Year
Today on Google.com is a special Google logo, aka Doodle, for the Lunar New Year. The Lunar New Year is also known as the Chinese New Year, celebrated in countries like China, Korea, Mongolia, and Vietnam...
- Google's CEO Sundar Pichai, Meets NFL's Ronnie Lott
Google's Sundar Pichai, the new'ish CEO of Google took a photo last night during Super Bowl 50 with former NFL star Ronnie Lott. He wrote on Twitter, "Great game, even more so meeting a true NFL lege
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook results on Google Trends, WebmasterWorld
- LinkedIn stock drops $10-billion today, WebmasterWorld
- No idea what happened, but "mobile-friendly" URLs are back down to about 81%. Possible algo test yesterday, but no sure., Dr. Pete Meyers on Twitter
- [Google News Newsletter] Introducing Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), Google News Help