Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google AdWords Click To Call Phone Fraud?
A WebmasterWorld thread has an advertiser of Google AdWords claiming his click to call campaign is receiving invalid or fraudulent calls. He said all of a sudden he is receiving an unusual spike in call activities all with no chance on converting those calls...
- Pros & Cons Of Link Building To Pages Linking To You
A WebmasterWorld thread has a nice discussion around the link building strategy of building up the pages that link to you. When link building, you have the option to build links from 3rd party sites to your pages directly...
- Optimize Your Google Authorship Image To Increase CTR
Google is placing the authorship rich snippet author image all over the search results these days. Heck, if you are an SEO and do SEO related searches, you probably see my mug shot all over Google...
- Wolfram|Alpha Adds Pro Services For A Fee
Most people have no clue what Wolfram|Alpha is but it is one of the speciality search engines I use on a daily basis. I use it to look up data...
- Google Sugar Daddy
I spotted this picture on Flickr posted by sg_harrison of what he calls is Google Sugar. It is a sugar cube with food coloring in the shape and colors of the Google favicon. Or it is trying to look l
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Can We Trust Facebook's Click Counts?, HighRankings Forums
- Entity Associations (Increasingly) Affect Query Returns, Cre8asite Forums
- Great Article By Miriam: Gets To The Nuts And Bolts W/ Problems In Google Places, Cre8asite Forums
- I'm really happy that I get to share an office with Amit…, Matt Cutts - Google+
- Video Manager FAQs, YouTube Help