Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Fetch As Google Submit To Index Now Requires Captcha
Google's Fetch As Google feature within the Google Search Console now forces you to use a captcha each and every time you try to submit the page to the index. You can try it yourself...
- Awesome: Google Now Bathroom Mirror
Googler, Max Braun, posted on Medium and Google+ that he made a bathroom mirror that is smart. It has the weather, date, time...
- Google Helps Family Reunite With Lost Nephew After 60 Years
Rebecca Godsalve said her father was able to reunited with his long lost nephew after 60 years all due to a Google search. She posted this in the Google Web Search Help forums saying thank you to Google...
- Google App Indexing API Bug For iOS Apps
For iOS developers that have implemented the Google App Indexing API/SDK into their apps, they may be having a weird bug due to the Google SDK. Specifically...
- Google's FAQ On HTTP To HTTPS Migration
Google's John Mueller posted a FAQ on Google+ around questions asked about site migrations from HTTP to HTTPS. Truth is, I don't see anything in there we didn't cover already here when talking about HTTPS but it is a good refresher...
- Google Maps Groundhog Pegman On Groundhog Day
The Google Maps folks posted a picture of the Groundhog version of the Pegman today on Groundhog day. Ain't he a cute little Peghog? Is that what you call it? A Peghog? Peggroundhog? What does one c
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- And the answers to last week's Challenge. A couple of surprises... , Google+ - Dan Russell
- Locksmith spam makes New York Times again, localsearchforum.com
- @iqseo likely. we tighten the screws pretty much every day. @JohnMu, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- Alphabet Q4 and Year End, 18pct Up to $21.329 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- Dramatic Decrease in Rankings after PBN Posts - Freaking out!!, blackhatworld.com
- Hey Italian webmasters! Join us all this week for #GoogleMobileIT over at our…, Google+ - Google Webmasters