Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- A Successful SMX Israel 2012
This past Sunday, January 15, 2012, I chaired SMX Israel in Jerusalem at the Inbal Hotel. I have to say, the conference just felt good. People were networking, sponsors were showing off their wares...
- GoogleBot Completely Stop Crawling Yesterday For SOPA?
Did you notice that your visits from GoogleBot, Google's web crawler, slowed to virtually almost nothing yesterday? The reason for that was because of the SOPA protests and Google slowed GoogleBot activity in order not to hurt those sites in their search results.
- AdWords Impression Share Metrics Algorithm Update & Ad Group Level
Google announced that the impression share metrics reports is coming to the ad group level in order to provide advertisers with data to help them "identify high performing ad groups that aren't capturing the majority of available impressions...
- Pinterest Sending Webmasters Lots Of Traffic
I've been hearing chatter throughout the industry on a new social sharing site, specifically for photos named Pinterest. A Cre8asite Forum thread has webmasters and SEOs claiming it send a nice number of traffic...
- Google AdWords Now With 100 Automated Rules & Undo Option
The Google AdWords blog announced you can now set up to a 100 automated rules, up from 10. Plus...
- The Vic Gundotra Google+ Cadbury Bar
Back in November, the chocolate maker, Cadbury, made custom Google+ chocolate bars. They put Sergey and Larry on the bar wrappers. Now they sent Google+ lead, Vic Gundotra on the package.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- World IPv6 Launch Day June 6 2012, WebmasterWorld
- Google AdWords Community Account Development - New Advertiser Pauline needs help getting started, Google AdWords Help