Google announced on Google+ that they've released a new version, version 11.4, of the AdWords Editor. The new version adds mobile app updates bringing support for for mobile app install campaigns for Display, app and review extensions, and frequency capping.
Here are the details:
- Faster campaign creation: The “Add campaign” button now has a drop-down menu that lets you select which campaign type to create. When you create campaigns this way, certain default settings specific to campaign types will be set. For example, for video campaigns, bidding is set to Manual CPV, video settings are enabled, and two content exclusions are pre-configured. For Shopping campaigns, languages are set to “all.”
- Ads and extensions are separated in navigation: In the type list, ads and extensions are now separated into two sections: “Ads” and “Ad extensions.”
- App extensions: You can now create and edit app extensions in AdWords Editor. App extensions showcase your mobile or tablet app by showing a link to your app below your ad.
- Review extensions: AdWords Editor now fully supports review extensions, which highlight third-party reviews in your ads.
- Mobile app installs: You can now create mobile app installs campaigns for your Display Network ads in AdWords Editor.
- Broad match modifier in “Ignore match type” option: The find duplicate keywords tool now ignores the broad match modifier match type when you select the “Ignore match type” option.
- Target CPA bid strategy: You can now change your campaign’s bid strategy to Target CPA.
- Frequency capping: To limit the number of times the same person will see your Display Network ad, you can now edit the frequency capping campaign setting and export it for archiving and sharing. However, CSV import and export aren’t supported.