So Google announced earnings last night and they were way better than expected. “We had a great quarter, with revenue up 32% year on year for a record breaking over $9 billion of revenue,” said Larry Page, CEO of Google. “I'm super excited about the amazing response to Google+ which lets you share just like in real life.”
Just read some of the headlines at Techmeme on the earnings:
- Larry Page On Google+: Over 10 Million Users, 1 Billion Items Being Shared Per Day
- Google Back On Track In Q2, Beats The Street With Over $9 Billion In Revenue
- Larry Page Sounded Like A True CEO Today
- Google CEO Page On Toothbrushes, Google+, Competitors, Surprises
- Google Kills The Quarter: $9 Billion In Revenue
SVW has an interesting observation about publisher earnings spikes. Not sure what to make of it yet.
Anyway, it is crazy how well Google does, just crazy.
Forum discussion at Google Blogoscoped Forums.