In January, we had Google release a major update to their personalized results with Search Plus Your World. We had a new Panda release, Panda 3.2. We had Google release an algorithm that penalizes sites based on ad layout. So it was a busy month.
The ongoing WebmasterWorld thread has discussion mostly about Panda but some recent chatter about three things:
- Google stopped sending traffic at 11am on February 1st to some publishers
- "Duplicate Keyword Sites" In search results.
- Results on page two and forward are not matching the keyword searched on.
The first might be an issue with some sites and Google Analytics, I am digging deeper.
Overall, here are the most important topics we covered on Google SEO in the past 30 days:
- Webmaster Reaction Towards Google Search, Plus Your World
- Confirmed: Google Panda 3.2 Update
- Google Page Layout Algorithm & Penalty
- Links In IFrames Pass Value In Google
- Is On Page SEO Dead With Google?
- Google Title Tag Bug Causing Untitled Snippets?
- New: Test Sitemaps & Features In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Updates Average Position In Webmaster Tools & Analytics
- New Improved Download Options For Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Expands Hacked Sites Label In Search Results
- Google: Spam Links To 404 Pages Won't Hurt You
- Google: Robots.txt Files Must Be Smaller Than 500KB
- How Google Picks Your Title In Search Results
- GoogleBot Slows Down For SOPA
- Google's 30 Most Recent Search Quality Changes
For the January 2012 Google SEO report, click here.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.