Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Matt Cutts Outed Again As GoogleGuy?
Back in the earlier days of the SEO industry, there was a mystery Google representative who participated at WebmasterWorld forums under the alias of GoogleGuy. Back then, very few people knew the true identity of GoogleGuy, but yet many speculated his identity. Then in August 2006, reports came out that Matt Cutts confessed to being GoogleGuy during a session at SES. Danny Sullivan said: I moderated the panel, and the confession came out when a
- Google Testing Gray Background For AdWords Ads?
A WebmasterWorld thread is reporting one user seeing the background color of the Google AdWords ads for the features ads as being gray and not yellow. Now, we have seen Google move from the old blue background to the yellow one in 2007. We have also seen Google test green backgrounds and then even test going back to a flavor of blue and yellow backgrounds together. But now I am seeing reports of a gray
- Google Maps New Documentation On Merging Duplicate Business Listings
There has always been a lot of confusion around how to handle duplicate listings in Google Maps. Recent Google Maps Help threads have been pushing Google to give us a clear guide on what to do in this situation. Brianna from the Google Maps team announced in a thread that they have released a brand new help document on how to handle these situations. You can find the help document over here. It breaks the
- Bing Forums Top Contributor Quits Over Frustration
Every forum lives and dies based on their members and how active and helpful they are. That is why it is critical for forums to make sure their top members (the most giving members) are heard and listened to. Recently, a Bing Forum thread has one of the top contributing members publicly expressing his dissatisfaction with the forum, ultimately leading in him announcing he is done with helping out in the forums. Let me quote
- Doodle 4 Google: The Rainforest Habitat Google Logo By Makenzie Melton
Today you will see a special Google Logo (Doodle) on the Google home pages. The logo was designed by Makenzie Melton of Missouri and is named the "Rainforest Habitat." Makenzie won this year's Google 4 Doodle competition beating out 33,000 student submissions. Here is the Doodle: The inspiration for this design was "the rainforest is in danger and it is not fair to the plants and animals," said Makenzie. Congrats Makenzie and really really nice
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Apple Surpasses Microsoft as Most Valuable Tech Company, WebmasterWorld
- New Facebook Privacy Settings Released, May 26, WebmasterWorld
- Video SEO; the nuts and bolts, Sphinn
- Wi-Fi company sues Google over privacy, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Known Issue: cannot sign into your YouTube Account., YouTube Help
- Paid link double standards?, WebmasterWorld
- Video comments on channel pages no longer available?, YouTube Help
- Why no G☉☉GLE doodle? Today is the 100th anniversary of The Bra., Google Web Search Help