This week I cover the new Google interface, nicknamed Jazz, is now live for all to see. SEOs and webmeisters are reporting a new Google update named MAYDAY. Google also is updating the image search index. Google added average position and stars to the search query report in Webmaster Tools. Google dropped the search suggestions for some religions. Google is pushing brands in search queries. Is more white hat seo techniques being considered black hat? Google is posting warnings to AdSense publishers. Google is testing phone numbers in between the AdWords ad title and ad descriptions. Ask.com is dead, but yet they brought back Teoma. We have tons of Google logos to share, including them not doing a Cinco de Mayo logo. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Makes Drastic Change To User Interface, Many Hate It
- Google MAYDAY Update Hitting Long Tail Ranking?
- Google Adds Average Position & Stars To Search Query Report
- Google Image Search Update May 2010
- Google Drops Search Suggestions For "X Are..."
- Google's Brand Push Is Officially Here: Brand Refinements
- Are More 'White Hat' SEO Techniques Being Classified As 'Black Hat'?
- Google Posting Warnings To AdSense Publishers
- New: Google Phone Numbers in Google AdWords
- Proof Ask.com Is Dead
- Teoma Is Back, But Still Run By Ask's IAC
- Google Doodles For May Day, Spain's Mother's Day & World Expo China
- Google Disses Cinco de Mayo, Yahoo, Bing & Others Don't
- Google's UK Elections Doodle Is Old Logo Design
- Google Doodle For Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky 170th Birthday