The European Union has opened an investigation to make sure Google isn't stepping over their boundaries by penalizing potential competitors in the web results. Google said they will launch the Caffeine index in the upcoming months. Google had a Webmaster Tools bug in the index URL report. Google may verify your web site in Webmaster Tools without you specifically requesting it. Google has updated the Jazz interface slightly and more people are seeing it. MySpace (and also Facebook) is now in Google's real-time search results. Bing is having trouble with their spiders again. Twitter users don't click on AdSense. Google AdWords has a new "target" CPA feature. AdWords is closing their old API in less than 60 days. Yelp was sued for allegedly removing negative reviews. SMX West is next week, I won't be there, but we got the coverage for you. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Select Topics For This Past Week:
- EU Probes Google Search Penalties
- Report: Google To Launch Caffeine Index In Upcoming "Months"
- Google Webmaster Tools Bug In Indexed URLs Report
- Google May Verify Your Sites in Webmaster Tools Without You Clicking Verify
- Google Jazz Slightly Updates It's Look
- MySpace Results Now in Google Real Time Search
- Bing Masking MSNBot As Internet Explorer or a Rogue Bot?
- Twitter Users Don't Click on Google AdSense Ads?
- Google AdWords Let's You Target a CPA
- 60 Days Left on Old Google AdWords API
- Yelp Sued Over Accepting Money For Removing Negative Reviews
- SMX West 2010 Live Blog Coverage Schedule