Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- How Does Google Get Their Data For Ad Planner?
I think Google Ad Planner is pretty amazing and chock full of information. But to some webmasters, the information they have is either so accurate it is scary or totally off and worthless. In a WebmasterWorld thread, Google AdSense representative, AdSenseAdvisor, replied to questions about where they source the data, how to opt out and what to do if the data is off. Let me quote what Google said: To estimate website traffic we use
- Should You Ever Have More Than 5 Clicks To Get To a Page?
Most search engines find new pages by crawling links from other sites. At the same time, the more links to a page and the quality of the pages linking to a page, drives the quality of the page being linked to. These are all basic SEO principles. This is why many SEOs place links to their most important internal pages, right off of their home page. Why? (1) They want them indexed faster and typically
- What Time Is It In Bangladesh? Google & Yahoo Disagree With Bing & Ask
When you ask someone what time is it, you normally don't have to second guess them. But when it comes to asking Google, Yahoo, Bing or Ask.com what time is it, you have to second guess them. If you search [bangladesh time] at the four search engines, you will have Google and Yahoo telling you one time, while Bing.com and Ask.com telling you a different time. Who do you believe? Google & Yahoo: Bing &
- Google: Christianity is Absurd & Stupid
I am using an extreme title here to illustrate a point. We have a searcher come to the Google Webmaster Help forums and complain about the search results for a search on Google for [christianity is]. The results are mostly informational but you have a few results which are negative. I cropped this image to show only some of the negative-like results: The person said, "I have never been so mad in my life. We
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- AdWords system maintenance on January 9th, Google AdWords Help
- Adwords turning out to be as tempramental as a woman, WebmasterWorld
- Forced to change currencies?, WebmasterWorld
- Ads for www.google.com, WebmasterWorld
- Sarkozy Proposes "Google Tax", WebmasterWorld