Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Should Google Place Advertiser's Info In AdWords Mouse Over Effect
A WebmasterWorld member thinks it would be a wise idea if Google added a new level of detail to the AdWords listings. I believe his idea is to display a mouse over control which would open up a more detailed box that shows advertiser details. This would allow the searcher to better know if he should click or not. I decided to draw up a proof of concept, using Bing's search preview option and adding
- Bing Search Results In Google
Google seems to be indexing Bing search results. Take a look at this query and you will see some of the Google search results leading to Bing search results. So I decided to check to see if Yahoo, Ask.com or even Bing themselves were doing the same. It seems like Ask.com is also doing this, but Yahoo and Bing are not indexing Bing results. Google doesn't like to see search results in search results so
- Can A/B Testing Cause An SEO Problem?
A/B testing is the process of setting up two or more styles for a page, for the same piece of content. For example, let's say you had a page where you sold blue widgets and you wanted to try using a blue button versus a red button to buy the widget. What you can do is A/B test the two types of buttons against each other. How would you accomplish this? Well, you can send
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Natural Link Building : Create an Online Presence and Linkable Brand, Sphinn
- New! Google Maps for mobile version 3.2.1 (Windows Mobile and Symbian S60 phones), Google Mobile Help
- Once Again DigitalPoint Banned From Adsense ?, DigitalPoint Forums