Happy New Year, it was Rosh Hashanah the other day. Google did a PageRank update, while Yahoo Search updated their algorithm, and Microsoft might have updated. Google Blog search has a home page now. Google turned 10 and let you search back in 2001. Yahoo officially launched the new Site Explorer design. Yahoo is charging more money for less. eBay increased their ad spend with Google, which is hurting other advertisers. More AdWords accounts got hijacked. Microsoft tries SearchPerks to gain more users. We are live blogging SMX, but don't miss the charity party! More details at SERoundtable.com.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. Here is the YouTube version of the feed (note: If YouTube shows a video not found message, just refresh the page and play it again, it is a YouTube bug):
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Google Rosh Hashanah 5769 PageRank Update
- Yahoo Search Rosh Hashanah 5769 Update
- Small Live Search Update or Hiccup?
- Google Blog Search Relaunches With News Front Page
- Google Officially Turns 10: Reflections of the Past
- Google Lets You Search as if it was 2001
- Yahoo's New Site Explorer Design Now Officially Live
- Yahoo Charging More & Giving Less
- Yahoo! Search Marketing Raises Minimum Credit Card Amount to $250
- eBay Increases Ad Spend with Google AdWords
- When Will Google AdWords Prevent Account Hijackings?
- Introducing Microsoft SearchPerks: Get Paid to Search ... Again
- We're Liveblogging SMX East Next Week
- Next Week's Charity Party is Coming Up at SMX East