In this Memorial Day weekend recap, I discuss the recent Google changes, floating fours, case sensitivity, minus X penalties and the local universal search change. I mock Microsoft Live Search's Cashback program. I looked into Ask.com's search update and then move to Yahoo's search ad change. Google updated the AdWords billing page. Plus SEOs are not rats, go figure. Check it out and don't forget to listen for a chance to win schwag, by commenting below at SERoundtable.com.
To win, watch the video and comment at this post below with the correct answer. Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Google Search Index Update: May '08 Update
- More Google Floating Four Theories
- Google Still Showing Different Results Base on Case Sensitivity
- A Deeper Look at the Minus X Google Penalties
- Google Universal Search Local Results Adds "Change Location"
- Microsoft to Offer Cash Back to Users
- Possible Ask.com Search Update?
- Yahoo Reduces Top Ads & Changes Ad Layout Slightly
- Google AdWords Updates Billing Page
- Most SEOs Don't Report Competitors To Google
I may not be able to mail schwag outside of the United States.