The 32nd edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. Chris and I discussed the Memorial Day weekend news and logos or lack there of. We also review the latest Yahoo! Search index update. We discussed the recent search market share figures released last week. Google banned essay writing ads, go figure. Elisabeth is leaving Search Engine Watch for Zonder. People are now critisizing Ask.com's unabommer ads, but is this what Ask.com wanted? We discussed several SEO topics and much more. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
Please vote if you want us to continue doing this podcast, here is the poll:
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- Memorial Day Commemorated: Ask.com & Search Engine Roundtable
- Yahoo Search Update Last Night
- Search Market Share Update: Google Rises, MSN Falls, Yahoo Hovers
- Google to Ban Ads for Essay Writing
- Elisabeth Leaves Search Engine Watch For Vacation Rentals
- SEOs Critique Ask.com's New "Algorithm Ads"
- Ask.com "The Algorithm" Promotions: Controversy to Publicity?
- Creating a Search Engine Friendly Glossary or Definitions List
- Can Clicking on Google Organic Results Influence Rank?
- Does Google Reinclude Banned Sites into Google.com Without Request?
- Google Adds New Video Ad Formats to AdWords & AdSense
- Google Maps Allows You to Avoid Highways
- Google Speaks Up on Disabling Arbitrage Accounts
- Google and Dell Accused of Installing Spyware on Users' PCs
- Are You Getting Google AdSense Traffic this Memorial Day Weekend?
- Are XML Sitemaps Useful for Search Engine Optimization?
- European Union Questions Google's Data Retention Policy
- Showing an Search Engine Marketing Project Success Before Even Beginning
- Don't Email Google When you Click on your AdSense Ads by Accident
- Yahoo! Search Marketing Testing Panama Engine in the UK
- Federal Trade Commission Investigates Google-DoubleClick Deal
- How To Capitalize on Google Universal Search
- DMCA Page Removals are Page by Page Basis
- Can You Use Google Analytics on an Adult Site?
- Microsoft adCenter Representatives Calling Inactive Advertisers
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Next week I will be at the SMX conference, but Ben and Chris may do a show. We will see. Again, please vote above.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.