I catch up on two weeks of search news after traveling in Israel for about a week, of course, I want you to register and attend SMX Israel in January. Google's Matt Cutts gave his talk at PubCon this week, I summarize the key parts and include the video of his talk. Google may have made small tweaks to Penguin after Penguin 2.1. Google launched a Mugshot algorithm to downgrade those sites. Google is testing a huge banner ad image in the search results. Google AdWords ad rank adds extensions to the mix. Google said responsive design doesn't give you a direct ranking benefit in search. Google is testing showing the site name above the title of the search result. Google's Matt Cutts says how he finds spammy guest blogging. Google said using Google Translate in an automated way is content spam. Google also said spamming Google is harder. Google knows when you use fake Google+ profiles. Google is pushing shopping ads with Google Shopping Campaigns. Google AdWords for Videos adds My Client Center account features. Google is bringing back favicons to AdSense ads. Yahoo is slowing the Microsoft Yahoo Search Alliance and is in trouble for doing so. Google's stock price surges past $1,000 per share. Google's terms of service update let's them use your information in ads. Google is forcing Analytics users into Universal Analytics. Search Engine Land won the best search blog award. That was the past two weeks in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Register Now For SMX Israel 2014
- Video: Google Matt Cutts Hints At Upcoming SEO Changes At PubCon
- Google Penguin After-Dance Going On Now?
- Google Says No To MugShots Web Sites With New Algorithm
- Google Testing Huge Banner Image Ad In Search Results
- Google AdWords Ad Rank Adds Third Factor: Ad Extensions
- Google: Responsive Design Doesn't Give You A Ranking Boost
- Google Shows Site Name Instead Of URL Above Title
- Google's Matt Cutts Describes How He Finds Low Quality/Spammy Guest Blogging
- Google: Using Google Translate Is A Form Of Auto-Generated Content Spam
- Matt Cutts: Spamming Google Gets Harder & Harder
- Google: Stop Using Fake Google+ Profiles To Trick Users
- Google Shopping Campaigns
- Google AdWords For Videos Gains MCC Reports & Bulk Upload
- Google Says Favicons To Return To AdSense Ads
- Yahoo, Under Mayer, Accused Of Slowing Microsoft Partnership Rollout
- Google's Stock Above $1,000 While Their Customers & Partners Are Upset
- Google's Terms Of Service Update To Use Your Data On Ads
- Google's Universal Analytics Coming To All, Like It Or Not
- Search Engine Land Wins Best Search Blog At US Search Awards