This week I produced my video from my new office, there is a bit of an echo but the lighting is much better. I talked about the monthly Google Webmaster report. There are fake Google support calls going out, so be careful. Google Search By Image added some features. SEOs are liking the new Google Shopping placement. Google's Cutts said links are supreme versus social signals. Google said you won't be penalized for nofollowing too much. Blekko releases an update for a fresher index for SEOs. I ran a poll asking if the Yahoo Directory still has any value? iGoogle is shutting down and users are not happy. It was July 4th this Wednesday and I recap the logos. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- July 2012 Google Webmaster Report
- Fake Google Webmaster Support Phone Calls
- Google Search By Image Broken In IE9 But Adds Features
- SEOs Love The New Google Shopping Placement
- Google's Cutts: Links Still More Powerful Thank Social Signals
- Google: No Nofollow Linking Penalty
- Blekko Boasts Faster Index While Still Catering To SEOs
- Does The Yahoo Directory Still Have Value In 2012
- Google Shutting Down iGoogle, Users Revolt
- Google: We Know It Won't Be Easy Without iGoogle But Too Bad
- 4th of July Logos From Google, Yahoo, Bing & Others