Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: A Single Tweak Won't Boost Your Search Rankings
When it comes to search rankings, most people who think about it feel there is an easy way to get those rankings. In short, they feel they make a tweak and bam, their rankings go through the roof. When it doesn't happen, they feel that they are missing out on a silver/magic bullet...
- Make Sure Your Google Headshot Is Recognizable
One of the largest complaints I see in the forums is that of webmasters complaining that their image is not showing up in the Google search results. Did you ever think that Google doesn't show your image because they don't think it is worth looking at?..
- Google Loves NYC: Adds Hurricane Sandy Crisis Map
Google must really love New York City, yes, they have a huge huge office in the Chelsea area of New York City - because they created this special map that shows evacuation zone data from NYC Open Data, open shelters...
- Google: No, AdWords Customers Don't Get Special Organic Treatment
A common newbie myth and a belief many of my anti-Google readers feel, is that Google will treat AdWords customers better in the organic rankings. One person asked if these big spender AdWords customers get special treatment...
- Google Chains
I am not sure where this is at Google but it does appear that Google has a huge set of chains hanging somewhere at the GooglePlex that has a G formed in the middle. Richard Hay posted a picture of it...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Retiring TC - Kim Clinkunbroomer, AdWords Community
- Today, we’re excited to announce three great new Nexus…, Nexus - Google+
- Google Launches Three Nexus Devices, WebmasterWorld