Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Bing Deals - No, Not A Copy Cat
Bing announced they have launched a new deals site at bing.com/deals. But guess what? Bing did not create a deals clone, they instead went to the best deals sites and partnered with them.
- Have a Really Good Story? Make It Standout In Google News With New Tag
Google News announced a new way for publishers to really make their news "standout" by using a new "standout" tag. Using the new "standout" tag will give your article the ability to show up in Google news with the label "Featured" near the content...
- Ranking Well In Google News
Andrew Shotland started a new web site devoted to just Google News Ranking Factors where he documented what he feels are the top ten positive ranking factors versus top ten negative factors...
- Boutiques.com Goes Aways As Google Product Search Gets Classy
Google announced they have redesigned Google Product Search based off the acquisition of Boutiques.com, which is going to be redirected to Google Product Search...
- Google Enabling Gambling Related Ads
On Friday, Google informed AdSense publishers and AdWords advertisers that they will begin allowing ads with gambling related themes in some cases...
- Jim Henson Google Doodle Mashup: 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
Saturday, Google had a logo for the 75th birthday of Jim Hanson, known for the Muppets. Someone did a nice mashup of the Google Doodle - since you became the puppeteer. Check it out.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google’s Definition of Relevance in PPC? Clicks., Sphinn
- Impact on SEO of changing IP address from US to UK, WebmasterWorld
- Need help with AdWords Editor 9.5? Get your issues resolved by the experts!, Google AdWords Help
- Nine Ways to be a Competitive SEO, Sphinn
- REL =Author error, Google Webmaster Help