In this week's recap, I spend some time discussing the Yahoo and Microsoft deal, specifically the financial side and how that plays a role on how it impacts SEOs and webmasters. I also discuss the Google and Bing search updates, did you notice the updates? Bing has some geo targeting issues that they may need to resolve. Microsoft has a cool search game named Page Hunt. Google is testing search options side bar for image search. Bid Simulator shows up in more Google AdWords advertiser's accounts. Google's Webmaster Tools API has a confirmed bug. Google money scams might be taking to the phone. Google does radio ads for AdSense. AdWords certified professionals can get their label in the AdWords forum. Twitter focuses in on search as their sugar daddy. SES San Jose is coming up and we got you covered. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Yahoo Search Powered By Microsoft Bing: What SEMs Need To Know
- Small Google July 2009 Update?
- Bing July 2009 Update
- Bing's Geo Targeting Algorithm Needs Some Work
- Microsoft Page Hunt, Game To Make Bing Better
- Google Image Search Tests Left Bar Search Options
- Google AdWords Bid Simulator Live For More Advertisers
- Google Webmaster Tools API Bugs
- Google Money Scams Take To Phone?
- Did You Hear The Google AdSense Radio Commercials?
- Google AdWords Certified Professionals To Get Labels in Forums
- Twitter Focuses In On Search With New Home Page
- SES San Jose '09 Real Live Blogging Schedule