Google has been testing showing classic (one line) Sitelinks in the search results for a while now. The one line Sitelinks are interesting in that they seem to differ some from the Sitelinks we are typically accustomed to.
Melanie Phung posted very interesting observations of these Sitelinks. Let me bullet point the key points, but feel free to check out the post for more details.
One Line Sitelinks Can:
- Show for non-branded terms
- Can show multiple times on a single search results page
- Can show up at the bottom of the search results page
- The Sitelinks can differ based on query
- One line Sitelinks can be displayed with typical 8 Sitelinks
- Show for sub folders
- Can show for sub domains
Those are just some of the insights this post showed. Some of these insights also apply to the 8 Sitelinks version. I do wonder if Google has a name for these. I.e. Does Google call them Sitelinks? Will these replace the Sitelinks we know?
Forum discussion at Sphinn.
This article was written earlier this week and scheduled to go live April 15th.