The new features coming soon to adCenter Desktop Beta includes:
- Enable us to change the status of an ad group from "draft" to "active" within Desktop. If there is a way to do this, I couldn't find it - I had to log in to adCenter to activate my draft ad groups - a major pain!
- Find duplicate keywords and allow easy de-duplication (select highest/lowest clicks/imps/avgpos/CTR/avgCPC, etc.). See AdWords Editor.
- Search based on criteria like clicks, impressions, cost, CTR, avgpos, avgCPC etc. Again, see AWE.
- cannot search for more than one keyword at a time. As far as I can tell, adCenter Desktop only allows searching for one keyword at a time. I need to routinely perform bulk searches of a few hundred keywords at a time. See AdWords Editor for how they implement bulk searching in their Advanced Search.
- I cannot specify if I am searching for keywords that match my search string exactly, or keywords that contain my string, or keywords that contain my string as a full word. See AdWords Editor's Advanced Search.
- adCenter Desktop fails when trying to download a large account with tens of thousands of adgroups and a hundred thousand keywords. A desktop editor is especially useful for advertisers with large accounts, so it's disappointing that it can only handle relatively small accounts.
All these issues should be addressed in the next update to adCenter Desktop.
Forum discussion at Search Engine Watch Forums.