This week in search, Google released a new area to Google Webmaster Tools for security issues. Google’s Matt Cutts warns us to expect a 15% reduction in rich snippets showing in the search results. Google’s Matt Cutts also said more pages does not equal higher rankings. Google is now indexing app content through a process called app indexing. Is Google closing the authorship project? Google is testing a site search AdWords extension. Google has a new partnership program for AdSense. Google is highlighting service areas in the local side knowledge graph. Google’s Knowledge Graph’s weaknesses were shown during the World Series. Google+ had some big announcements this week. Jill Whalen is leaving SEO after saying her work is done. Did you miss the Halloween stunts from the search industry? I loved Bing the most. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Awesome Google Webmaster Tools Security Issues
- SEOs Get Ready For 15% Reduction In Google Rich Snippets
- Google's Matt Cutts: More Pages Doesn't Directly Influence Your Search Rankings
- Google Asks App Developers To Provide App Indexing For App Content Discovery
- Google Closing Authorship Project?
- Search Extensions Being Tested By Google AdWords
- Google AdSense Certified Partner Program
- Google Highlights Local Services Areas Within Search Results
- Google Exploited Through Wikipedia During World Series For St. Louis Cardinals
- What's New With Google+ In Short
- Jill Whalen Says The SEO Industry No Longer Needs Her
- Halloween Logos From Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com & More
- The Halloween Witch Google Doodle : Spooky But Offensive?