This week at the Search Engine Roundtable we talk a lot about Google, some about Bing and a little about Facebook. Google confirmed they pushed out a Panda update this past Monday. Google is showing seven results for searches that return sitelinks. Google Webmaster Tools improved search query notifications. Bing Webmaster Tools added percent changes to the dashboard reports. A Microsoft search patent talks about click distance and a Google search patent talks about Penguin and tricking SEOs. Google's Cutts said Penguin is mostly about links - or maybe he didn't say that? Microsoft adCenter now has ad rotation preferences. Google updated the AdSense user interface and it breaks on iOS. Facebook now has keywordless search ads as sponsored results. Google saves your search preferences to your Google account now. Finally, the big SEO survey is now out on SEOmoz. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Confirmed: Google Panda 3.9.1 Update
- Google May Only Showing Seven Search Results
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Search Query Notifications
- Bing Webmaster Tools Now Shows Percentage Changes
- Click Distance: A Microsoft Search Patent
- Patent: Google Faking Search Results To Trick SEOs?
- Google's Cutts Say Penguin Is About Links?
- Microsoft adCenter Adds Ad Rotation Options
- Google AdSense Updates Design
- Facebook Search Ads Without Keyword Targeting
- Google Account Based Google Search Preferences
- SEOs In 2012: The Big SEO Survey