Google finally pushed out a Penguin algorithm refresh, it was done early Saturday morning and named Penguin 1.1. We thought Google released a Panda refresh a day or so ago but it wasn't confirmed. Google Product Search is being decommissioned and replacing it is a paid Google Shopping service. Google seems to be showing less rich snippets suddenly. Google+ Local is replacing Google Places, some cool changes but worry comes with it. We also have details and FAQs on what businesses should do or not do with Google+ Local changes. Google in China is being censored like crazy and there is a video that shows how bad it is. Google updated the "can competitors harm my rankings" statement. Amit, the head of Google search, was happy to overhear a conversation in Starbucks about how Penguin and Panda stops SEO tricks. And Amit is to blame for Penguin and Panda, not me. I posted two skewed polls, one saying 65% of SEOs were hurt by the Penguin update and 14% of SEOs fully trust Google. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Official: Google Penguin 1.1 Now Live
- Google Panda 3.7 Refresh Rumors
- Webmasters Feel Hurt By Google Shopping Move To Paid Placement
- Google Pruning Rich Snippets In Search Results?
- Google+ Local Replaces Google Places
- Manage Your Google+ Local Page
- Google To China: Our Search Engine Is Being Manipulated
- Google Updates "Can Competitors Harm Ranking" Statement
- Overheard In Starbucks: Google Penguin & Panda Updates Prevent Tricks
- Google's Penguin & Panda Updates Are My Fault?
- My SEO Polls Are 87.3% Skewed
- 65% Of SEOs Hurt By Google's Penguin Update
- Only 14% Of SEOs Trust Google