This week in search, we are still tracking a Google update. Google had a major hack in their hotel listings in Google Maps, they apologized and swept it under the rug. Bing is testing SSL search, what does this mean for not provided? The disavow link tool only helped 15% of webmasters in Google. Google’s guidelines update for link schemes didn’t change much. Google’s Matt Cutts said they don’t have position based ranking algorithms. TD Canada Trust has SEO issues. A lawyer threatened to sue Google over lack of communication in Webmaster Tools. Google is trying to improve the site move feature in Webmaster Tools. Don’t search for freezing in Google, even if you are cold. Google bought Nest for $3.2 billion and they are testing a smart contact lens - I kid you not. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Update Still Brewing From Late Last Week
- Google Apologizes For The Hotel Listing Hijack In Google Places
- Bing Adds SSL Support But Promises To Keep SEO/SEM Community "Top Of Mind"
- Only 15% Say The Disavow Tool Benefits Their Rankings
- Google Link Schemes Update Doesn't Change Much
- Google's Matt Cutts: We Don't Have Different Algorithms For Different Ranking Positions
- Mistake Shows TD Canada Trust Mobile Site In Google Desktop Results
- Google Webmaster Tools Threatened By Lawyer, Google Deletes Threat?
- Google Webmaster Tools Wants To Improve Site Moving Features
- Google Image Search Freezing With Anime Porn
- Google Buys Nest For Hardware Design
- "Okay Eye" - Google Contact Lens