Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Canonical Tag Slower Than 301 Redirect
Google's John Mueller said in a Google Webmaster Help thread that the canonical tag, used to inform search engines a URL has moved, is slower for Google to pick up on than if they used a 301 redirect. John explained that Google would first have to crawl and index the first page to understand that there is a canonical tag on the page.
- TripAdvisor Reviews To Return To Google Maps
There have been reports in the Google Places Help forum and on Mike's blog that TripAdvisor reviews have gone missing from Google Maps...
- Google: 3rd Party Ad Tracking Not Accurate & Can Hurt AdSense Income
There are often complaints that the Google AdSense reports do not match up with third-party tracking software. In reality, there are complaints that they don't even match up with Google's own tracking software, Google Analytics...
- Google's AROUND(n) Search Operator
In late October, Daniel Russel, one of the big brains at Google search, wrote a blog post on a less known search operator named AROUND(N). I subscribe to Daniel Russel's blog, I saw it...
- Google Website Optimizer User? Important Security Notice
Yesterday, all Google Website Optimizer users should have received an important email from Google. The email talked about an exploit within Google Website Optimizer under certain conditions...
- Yahoo Car Spotted At Twitter's Office in 2009
Back in 2009, a Yahoo car was spotted outside of Twitter's offices...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Borker Arrested: Alleged 'Bully' Online Retailer Arrested in New York, Sphinn
- New Sphinn Editors Coming Soon … Interested in Joining Us?, Sphinn
- How do I become a bookseller for Google ebooks? We are online retailers and want to add this category., Google Books Help
- Re registering domain debacle - ranking drop, WebmasterWorld