Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- To Survive You Must Give Google Your Structure Content & Data?
Greg Niland, aka GoodROI, posted a thread at WebmasterWorld arguing that if you do not hand over your data and content to Google in a structure format, then you will die a slow death...
- Medical Sites Caught Google Handed Buying Links
Gary Illyes, a Google Webmaster Trends Analyst for Google Switzerland, who was recruited back in 2011, responded to a few threads over the holiday break. Here are two medical related sites that are complaining they don't get traffic from Google...
- Google: Don't Change Your URLs For SEO Purposes
Google's John Mueller responded to a question in the Google Webmaster Help forums about changing a site's URL structure completely...
- Google Engineers Take Offense To Dilbert On Arrogance
See that Dilbert cartoon about Google engineers on the 27th, if not, here it is above. As you can see, it conveys a stereotype that Google engineers are arrogant. Truthfully, many engineers come off as arrogant, so I doubt it is just a Google engineer stereotype...
A webmaster is upset that his images aren't being indexed from his site. He posted a complaint in the Google Webmaster Help forums...
- Google's Matt Cutts Celebrity Endorser For Penguin Popper
Okay, just kidding, he is not the official celebrity endorser for the Hog Wild Toys Penguin Popper, but he did share a picture of it on Twitter and said, "When penguins attack! Merry Christmas!" The
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Keeping Ahead Of The Search Marketing Game: It Takes A Lot Of Work, Cre8asite Forums
- URLs: To "/" or NOT to "/". That is the question, WebmasterWorld
- Ad Unit Just Disappeared, WebmasterWorld
- Reverse Backlinks - Tracking links I give not get, WebmasterWorld