Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Matt Cutts: Google's Hummingbird Algorithm Effects 90% Of Searches
I keep coming back to this episode 227 from TWiG and in the video, Matt Cutts talked about the Hummingbird algorithm at exactly one hour and twenty minutes into the video. He spent maybe a minute or so talking about it. Matt Cutts said that the Hummingbird algorithm actually effects 90% of all searches but he said only...
- Google: Is Amazon Spamming Google With Footer Links?
Remember, the warning from Google's Matt Cutts on linking too many sites together using footer links and keyword rich anchor text...
- Google Fetch As Googlebot Won't Crawl When Site Is Too Slow
A Google Webmaster Help thread has one webmaster complaining his site isn't being crawled by Google and isn't showing up in the search results. The reason...
- Google's Happy Holidays Logos Start Going Live
Google has started to post their Happy Holidays series of Google Doodles today, well, tomorrow but today is tomorrow in Australia. On the 24th of December...
- Ok Google Is Not Okay! It's Spelled Wrong.
A Google Web Search Help thread has a couple of searchers who are upset with Google's use of English. Specifically in their marketing and use of "Ok Google" for the hot word to trigger a search. They want Google to spell it either "OK Google" or "Okay Google" but not "Ok Google...
- Google's Futuristic Holiday Party
I spotted a nice set of photos of Google's holiday party on Flickr by PM Breakfast. The pictures show robots, ice sculptures, casinos, salons, back to the future cars and so much more. This party lo
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Says Engagement Ads Now Available Across All Screens, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft: Bing is not a bottomless money pit (any more), WebmasterWorld
- Sick of Google and their BS. Matt Cutts, come read my rant., blackhatworld.com