Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Disavow Link Tool: Their Best Spam Reporting Tool Yet
It is finally official, as promised Google launched a disavow link tool yesterday afternoon. It was officially launched during the lunch with Matt Cutts at PubCon Vegas. Yes...
- Ex-Googler: No More Than Two Commercial Keywords & More
Former Googler, Andre Weyher, who worked in the Google Search Quality team for two years...
- Google Will Never Be Spam Free
I covered this at Search Engine Land under the title Google's Matt Cutts On "Will Search Spam Go On Forever" but I thought it was worth highlighting here as well...
- The Google -950 Penalty Is Back?
Google's "minus 950" penalty comes up every now and then and now it is coming up again at the WebmasterWorld forums. The thread goes into how a few webmasters are claiming around the time of the Google EMD update they got hit by a -950 penalty...
- Live: Lunch With Matt Cutts
Matt Cutts is here at PubCon and he is literally eating lunch. We will be covering the session live now.
- Jim Boykin Buys WebmasterWorld
I am live at PubCon and there is an "historic" announcement going to be made here at the event as part of the "Tribute To WebmasterWorld." Update: Jim Boykin has bought WebmasterWorld. Here is Jim's release and here is the forum thread at WebmasterWorld...
- Google's Sand Mandala By Buddhist Monks
Googlers were posting this photo of two buddhist monks working on a sand mandala at the GooglePlex yesterday. Supposedly, it will take all week to complete and when they are done, they will destroy i
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Election Effect, WebmasterWorld
- Google books partner program, WebmasterWorld
- Google ADDING Second Search Term to SERPs, WebmasterWorld
- Google's treatment of their own websites: Do as I say, not as I do, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Announces New Surface Details, WebmasterWorld