Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Bing's New Logo & Search Features Preview
Late last night, Microsoft announced on the search blog the next phase of Bing, Microsoft's search engine. You can "explore" these changes at bing.com/new. The most obvious change is the new yellow/orange logo...
- Google: Don't Pay The Link Mobster For Link Removals, Just Disavow Them
We have discussed people charging fees to do link removals several times but Google's John Mueller said you shouldn't have to pay for your links to be removed - instead just use the disavow tool...
- Using Google Analytics With Internet Explorer 8? You Need To Upgrade.
Google announced on the Google Analytics blog that they are officially dropping support for Internet Explorer 8 users...
- Google: We Are Not Censoring The Syrian Arab News Agency
The Syrian Arab News Agency doesn't show up in Google when you search for [Syrian Arab News Agency] but it does come up in Bing when you search for [Syrian Arab News Agency]...
- Google AdSense Now Supported On HTTPS Web Sites
Google announced that HTTPS sites, SSL secured can now have Google AdSense ads on them without an issue. For this to work, you simply need to go into your AdSense console...
- Animated Mr. Jingles Statue
Posted in the Mr. Jingles Google+ page, Balaji Srinivasan from Google made the Mr. Jingles statue actually work. Now the Mr. Jingles statue rocks back and forth. Here is an animated GIF as posted on
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google's perspective on WebmasterWorld, and your site?, WebmasterWorld
- Is anyone else noticing a proliferation of YouTube in image search?, WebmasterWorld
- Understanding Bing XML Sitemap Plugin For Webmasters, WebmasterWorld
- In the Czech Republic today, our doodle for painter and…, Google - Google+