Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- YouTube Tests New Channel & Video Design
Last week, YouTube announced a new design experiment for the channel and YouTube video watch pages. The new look is code named Cosmic Panda.
- Google Images Source URL Via &surl=1
Kelly from Google posted a technical document explaining how you can know the URL of the source image Google crawled via Google Images. Kelly posted the explanation in a Google Document but let me repeat most of it here...
- Google Updates Product Search Feed Specs - September 22
Google has announced very important and potentially costly changes for merchants who submit their feeds to Google Product Search. As of September 22, 2011...
- Google Logo For 450th Anniversary Of St. Basil's Cathedral
Today on many but not all Google properties is a special logo for the 450th anniversary of the St. Basil's Cathedral. It is a is a Russian Orthodox church built on the Red Square in Moscow in 1555Ã¢"61...
- The Office 365 Car
@steveplunkett spotted a Microsoft Office 365 car on the street and notified me. This isn't 100% search related but Microsoft runs Bing and Google creeps into office applications.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Doodle independence day Argentina, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Google 1 strategies, WebmasterWorld
- Why SEO Experiments Are Almost Always Invalid, Sphinn
- Seeing a black box and unable to play Youtube videos?, YouTube Help