Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google AdSense 10 Years Old: Which Was Your Best Year?
Google AdSense is ten years old today and Google wants everyone to know about it - as they should. AdSense has given Google a way to bring in a nice and sizable secondary source of income...
- Webmaster: "Good Content Has Never Been Hit So Hard" By Google
A featured WebmasterWorld thread has an emotional but powerful post from a Webmaster who has been creating web sites for over 15 years. In fact, he joined WebmasterWorld as a member back on March 4, 2003, so he has been around a long time...
- Google Removes "Quick View" Option In Mobile Results
Search Engine Land reports that despite Google not confirming anything, Google has removed the "quick view" button from the smart phone mobile search results...
- Matt Cutts: Stock Images Currently Don't Impact Rankings But We'll Look Into It
Google's Matt Cutts latest video answers a quick question, "does using stock photos on your pages have a negative effect on rankings...
- That Mysterious Google Glass Gift? A Water Bottle & Note
Over the past week or so, tons of Google Glass enthusiasts were wondering what was being sent to Google Glass Explorers via UPS or Fedex. A bunch of explorers received shipping notifications that Go
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Did Google's Penguin update screw you? Some things to think about there, blackhatworld.com
- New Google+ Notifications design That's cool. Seems a new…, Chris Chabot - Google+
- Mobile vs Desktop performance, WebmasterWorld
- New: AdWords Community website redesign, AdWords Community
- The Scraper Gets Outscraped!... brand new domain straight in Google, WebmasterWorld
- Social Annotations and Word of Mouth Management, AdWords Community