Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Matt Cutts: Google Panda Updated Monthly But Slowly Rolled Out
Back in March, Google said they will stop confirming Panda updates because they are now more baked into the index and algorithm. Well, at SMX Advanced, Matt Cutts of Google announced it is still roughly updated monthly but these updates are rolled out gradually over a 10 day period.
- Google: Our AdWords Ads Wouldn't Trigger Page Layout Penalty
In January 2012, Google announced the page layout penalty and then updated it in October 2012, it basically sets to penalize sites with too many ads, too much in the way of your organic content...
- Google: Target Last Minute Father's Day Gift Shoppers With AdWords
Google's Zee posted a thread offering an AdWords tip or two for the Father's Day season. As you may know...
- Easier Content Removal From Google's Search Results
One of the most common complaints I see in the Google forums is how does one remove content from Google's search results...
- Google Disables AdSense Serving From AdSense Veteran
A WebmasterWorld thread has a nine-year old AdSense publisher claiming he was penalized by Google AdSense for user generated content and without proper notification...
- Matt Cutts Wears Google Shoes
Air Jordans, step back Michael Jordan, Google's Distinguished Engineer and head of search spam, Matt Cutts has his own pair of shoes, Google shoes. Steve Boymel snapped a picture of them at SMX and p
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- The GA Admin Experience: Better, Faster, Stronger We’re…, Google Analytics - Google+
- The State of the Internet (2013) - Summarised perspectives, WebmasterWorld