Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SearchMetrics Shows Expedia's Google Traffic Return, But Did It Ever Drop?
In January, we reported how Expedia may have been penalized by Google because SearchMetrics showed a huge drop in search visibility for the company's website. Now, after about three months, SearchMetrics is showing an increase in their Google traffic...
- Publishers Upset Over New Google AdSense Earnings Screen
A WebmasterWorld thread has several publishers upset over the new beta Google AdSense console. Their issue is, the overview screen is missing two data points they enjoy seeing...
- Two Top SEM Firms Featured As Offering Poor SEM Results By WSJ
It is not every day you see SEM companies featured in Wall Street Journal articles but a few weeks ago, they ran a story named Small Businesses Search in Vain for Web-Ad Help. It isn't good. It calls out two very large SEM companies ...
- Google Shows Ratings Snippet 8 Out Of 11?
Dan Barker spotted a fun rich snippet in Google where the ratings displayed for an IMDB movie result was 8 out of 11. Out of 11, not 10...
- JFK Security Bins With Yahoo Ads
Danny Sullivan, a couple weeks ago went through JFK airport. Yea, I know, I feel bad for him. But he did spot something interesting on the search side. Ads from Yahoo directly in the security belt b
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Best Way to Report Group of Related SPAM Sites to Google?, WebmasterWorld
- Code to Learn Contest launches in India Calling all kids…, John Mueller - Google+
- Twitter Introduces Language Targeting In Accounts and Tweets, WebmasterWorld
- We’re celebrating Parents’ Day in Korea with a doodle…, Google - Google+