Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Poll: Do You Do Link Exchanges With Competitors?
A WebmasterWorld thread asks other link builders if they would ever do a link exchange with a competitor. Typically, you would think you'd never want to link over to a competitor. In fact...
- Google Places Removes Print Your Own QR Code
In December 2009, Google began this big Google Maps business push to get businesses to start using QR codes. It was fairly popular, many businesses who did not get a QR code decal wanted them but Google couldn't easily send them out...
- How Backed Up Are Google News Publisher Approvals?
In December, before the holiday season, Google warned us that they would be slowing the approval process for accepting new publishers into Google News...
- Google's New AdSense Custom Search Ads
Google announced they are launching a new beta AdSense search product named AdSense Custom Search Ads. What does it do? In short, they are AdSense ads designed for search results pages...
- Add Google As An IM Buddy: Google Talk Guru
Many of you who read this site on a daily basis also know what it is like to receive very basic questions from friends and family via IM. All those questions can often be answered with a quick Google search...
- Google Giant Earbuds
Spotted this Google schwag, where Google handed out these huge earbud speakers, a mug and jelly bellies. I am not sure why this person got this gift, but it is neat stuff.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Drop in Mobile Traffic Google AdWords, WebmasterWorld
- eBay to Acquire GSI Commerce: What Are Ecommerce Implications?, Sphinn
- Google Commerce Search 3.0 Now Adds Instant Search, WebmasterWorld
- Why Quality Is The Only Sustainable SEO Strategy, Sphinn
- A How To Guide For Submitting Content To Fark, Sphinn