Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Fred Update Targets Ad Heavy, Low Value Content Sites
The Google Fred Update which we first spotted rolling out early morning on March 8th seems to be fairly big. After reviewing well over 70 sites that were hit by this update, 95% of them share two things in common...
- Google Search Console Low Quality Page Report Not Happening
Wouldn't it be nice if Google told you which pages on your site are low quality and then you had an action list of pages that need more love and attention from you...
- Bug: Google Search Analytics Report Missing A Day Of Data Again
The SEO community seems pretty upset that if you go into your Google Search Analytics report within the Google Search Console, you will be missing a day, specifically March 9, 2017...
- Duh! Linking To Wikipedia Won't Get You Penalized By Google.
Sometimes I wonder where some of these rumors come from. Someone actually asked Google's John Mueller on Twitter if you can get a Google linking penalty for linking your web site to Wikipedia. I am not joking...
- Holi Festival Google & Bing Colorful Logos & Themes
Today on both Google and Bing's home page worldwide are special themes and logos for the Holi festival...
- Google Los Angeles Indoor Swings
Here is a photo I spotted on Instagram of Google kids on swings within the Google Los Angeles office. It was posted by Danil Somsikov and Danil said "Got visitors." Cute ones also.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- @schachin @methode Not just that, we also have awesome women working on making mobile-first indexing work as well :)., John Mueller on Twitter
- Google can "figure out" a lot of things out on your site. But if you want to be sure, never leave it to chance. https://t.co/mB8jDgNqFK, Cyrus on Twitter
- Google testing same ad at the top and bottom of the page? @rustybrick @adwords @PPCKirk #ppcchat #ppc #googleadwords #google https://t.co/zfGQBhVC9p, PPC hubbub on Twitter