Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Pushing Down Navigational Search For Own Google Properties
Christy Kunjumon posted on Google+ the other day an example of searching for a brand on Google and that brand's search listing being pushed down by Google's own sponsored result. Search Google UK for [moneysupermarket]...
- Google's Amit Singhal: We're A Swiss Army Knife, You're The Corkscrew
Last night at SMX West, during the keynote conversation with Google's Amit Singhal, Danny Sullivan brought up the knowledge graph a few times and then Dan Barker's tweet about scraper sites...
- Google's Matt Cutts: "World Got Bored" Of Our Search Quality Highlights
No we didn't! Google's Matt Cutts on Twitter last night responded to a tweet by A.J. Kohn about Google posting a change log. Matt Cutts responded on Twitter that they did indeed do that, they did, but "the world got bored."
- Google Humans Do Review Every Reconsideration Request
Over the past week or two there has been some people suggesting that Google does not review manually every single reconsideration request...
- Search Geek Selfie: Amit Singhal, Matt Cutts & Danny Sullivan
Last night at the keynote talk with Google's head of search, Amit Singhal, Danny Sullivan, Matt Cutts and Amit Singhal took a selfie via Google Glass Ellen style. They posted it on Twitter and Google
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bounce rate, cost-per-click — Joe and Alex answer your…, Google Ads - Google+
- I know this is super geeky but I love the new +Google…, Adam Singer - Google+
- Should I Just Forget About Seo Benefits Of Comments?, Cre8asite Forums
- Visualizing Google Analytics Data With R Googler and…, Google Analytics - Google+
- AdSense okay with Getty Images embeds?, WebmasterWorld
- Profanity in Knowledge Graph image, Google Web Search Help