Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: March 11, 2016
This week in search, I published the monthly Google Webmaster Report. Google has officially killed off Toolbar PageRank finally. Googleâs Paul Haahr said he doesnât fully...
- Google: A Penguin Site Cannot Be Fixed By Google Manually
A question was submitted to the Google+ hangout this morning about a site being penalized by Penguin 3.0 back in 2014 and asking for Google to manually update it so the site can break free of the penalty...
- Google: Why Google Doesn't Go Over Every Ranking Factor For Webmasters
This morning in a Google Hangout on Google+, John Mueller said he is decided to skip a bunch of questions on the topic of being more transparent...
- Google On Why They Use DMOZ: I Have Absolutely No Clue
Sometimes Google will use DMOZ, the old old web directory, in their search results. They may use the DMOZ description of your web site for the search results snippet in Google. They use to use DMOZ as their web directory but killed it off in 2011...
- Coming: Google Search Console May Split Out Where Your Page Showed In The Search Results
Google's John Mueller said in a Google+ hangout this morning at the 5:40 mark that Google may show where your page was shown in the search results page. Specifically if you were in the featured snippets box or AMP page carousel or something like that...
- Google Canada Has An Outdoor Ice Hockey Rink
Wendy Arnott posted a picture on Twitter of the Google Canada ice hockey rink. You can see the G logo in the middle outside the Google Canada office. She said "How very #Canadian the new @googlecana
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- German Judge Rules Facebook "Like" Button Sent User Data Without Adequate Consent, WebmasterWorld
- 12 Questions with Abbie Roberts (Community Member, The Google Advertiser Community
- Our new Inside AdSense post spotlights 3 content and ad loading methods that…, Google+ - AdSense
- Tips for Using Mobile-Preferred Ads & Ad Extension..., The Google Advertiser Community