Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Fred Update: Big Google Algorithm Update Links Related
As you know, yesterday I posted about the big Google algorithm ranking update and it seems to be getting a lot more attention this morning as SEOs and webmasters dig into their rankings and traffic this morning...
- Google's John Mueller Defends Publishers Who Don't Want To Link Out
Gary Illyes said back in the day that it makes him angry when publishers don't link out to their sources. We also know that there is no penalty for not linking out. But now...
- New Features For Google AdWords To Click-To-Call Ads
Google announced on their blog that they are making several updates to Google AdWords click-to-call ads. The updates include the ability to manage them at the account level, expanding the automated call extensions...
- Should Google Penalize Sites With Auto-Play Video Ads?
As many of you know, I want Google to do a no date penalty but I doubt that will happen. Although, Google is asking if they should do a penalty for sites that have auto-play video advertisements...
- Google: Keywords In URLs Are An Overrated SEO Factor
Almost a year ago today, Google's John Mueller told SEOs again that keywords in the URL is a small ranking factor in Google's search ranking algorithm. This is not new...
- Google Cloud Balloons
Here is a photo I found of yet another set of indoor Google clouds. This one is made up of white and grayish balloons with the Google name on some of them. The Google Cloud event was yesterday but th
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Updating the default window for view-through conversions Consumers are const..., Google+ - Google Ads
- @bala_thehuman @rushikeshjoshi I wouldn't focus so blindly on links - focus on your site, that's what people see., John Mueller on Twitter
- We’re excited to announce the Invisible reCAPTCHA launched today. Instead of ..., Google+ - Google Webmasters
- Google Acquires Kaggle, an Online Service with over 800,000 Data Scientists, WebmasterWorld