Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Bing Has A Cool Interactive Solar System Map
If you search for [solar system] in Bing you get this really fun and cool interactive map. The map shows the plants and stars will rotating and you can change the rotation speed and direction. You can rotate the map around and click into different planets...
- Google Image Search Tests Colored Label Filters
August 2015 we captured Google testing image button filters in mobile. Since then, Google has been testing colored based filter icons on desktop as well...
- Google Elections On The Issues Quick Answers For Trump, Clinton, Sanders & More
Google has this very cool "featured snippet" or knowledge graph panel for the elections that breaks down each candidates platform by issue. All you need to do is search for the candidate name and on the issues...
- Google Maps Adds Quick Way To Confirm Unverifed Locations
The Google Maps team posted on the what's new page that there is now a new feature to help you quickly verify in bulk, locations that you have not yet verified...
- Moz Shows Google Featured Snippets Showing Up 17% More Often
Dr. Pete Meyers from Moz reports that the Mozcast feature graph is indeed correct in showing that featured snippets are now showing up almost 17% more often...
- Ray Of Light On SMX Bloggers
The Search Engine Land Twitter account posted a picture of myself and fellow bloggers in the front row. It shows you how godly we are, as you can see, the ray of sunshine over our heads. That doesn
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- News Lab Office Hour: AMP Part Seven: Format Innovation - with guest Rudy Galfi, AMP Product Manager and John Mueller from the Webmaster Trends team, Google+ - Google
- What does Google's offer letter look like?, Quora
- Easier and faster navigation Rolling out today, the latest Google Photos…, Google+ - Google Photos
- Introducing Deeplinking from GA to AdWords /by +Joan Arensman #analytics …, Google+ - Google Analytics
- There's a lot that publishers and app developers can do to increase the…, Google+ - AdSense
- Google Tests "Hands Free" Mobile Payment App, WebmasterWorld