Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Chrome Caught Buying Paid Links For $350,000?
Google may be getting itself into hot water again with paid links. In 2012, Google Chrome was caught buying links and they ended up penalizing themselves for it...
- Google Indexes PDF Documents But Refreshes Them Slowly
We know Google indexes PDFs, it is clear, we see them in the index. We also know Google will follow and pass PageRank in links found within PDF documents...
- Google: Features Snippets Not Counted In Search Console Reports
Zineb from Google said on Twitter that featured snippets are not counted in the Search Console reports. I assume that means they aren't used when tracking position count...
- Google Explains Why The Search Console Reporting Is Not Real Time
Google's John Mueller has an excellent post on Google+ explaining why the reports in the Google Search Console are delayed or not real time. People ask Google all the time...
- Review Stars Returning To Google Search Results
Last week we reported that Google started to drastically drop review stars from their search results. Well, after about a week of going review star hungry...
- Meet The Google AMP Error Man
Paul Shapiro shared a photo of the error page you see when you go to a bad AMP HTML page. It shows this AMP Error man. Kind of like a cute 404 page but in this case, an AMP error man. I have not see
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Wikipedia's Open Source Search Engine For Its Own Content Search, WebmasterWorld
- @SamGooch Both canonical & hreflang can use relative paths. Absolute is a bit more .. absolute though, so I'd recommend that where possible., John Mueller on Twitter
- Local Impact - 4 Google Adwords on Top, localsearchforum.com
- Google AMP - Dedicated forum, WebmasterWorld
- Google AMP Already Has Hundreds of Publishers On Board, WebmasterWorld
- WordPress AMP Plugin, WebmasterWorld
- Report: France to Seek 1.6 billion Euros in Back Taxes From Google, WebmasterWorld
- The Elephant in the Room: Web design work is drying up, Hacker News
- Welcome to Our Newest Rising Star!, The Google Advertiser Community
- Which Older Seo Methods Should I Ignore, Cre8asite Forums
- Years after domain change, old domain still in SERPs, WebmasterWorld